Nekoosa maintains triple certification, SFI®, FSC® and PEFC which helps protect our precious forests. In addition, all of our carbonless base paper is manufactured in an ISO 14001:2004 certified paper mill.
Our research scientists and engineers are continuously searching for greener technologies to incorporate with our product lines and manufacturing processes. Not only are our Digital Coated Papers FSC® certified, they contain 10% post-consumer fiber. Our ‘less carbon’ carbonless papers are entirely manufactured in Nekoosa, Wisconsin using pulp from the United States-Canadian border region and raw materials manufactured in the United States, drastically reducing carbon emissions caused by transportation.
How is Nekoosa respectful toward the environment?
- All Nekoosa carbonless papers are SFI® certified (Sustainable Forestry Initiative)
- MagneCote®, offers a greener magnetic choice because it produces less waste and is biodegradable.
- SYNAPS®, on a premium synthetic for offset and HP Indigo® presses, can be recycled through polyester (PET) recycling channels.
- ClingZ®, polypropylene film is chemically inert, PVC-free, phthalate-free and recyclable.
- In 2010, Nekoosa employees created the “Green Legacy, Green Future" logo to signify our commitment to the environment and our community for years to come.