Nekoosa, as a company embodies a strong legacy of manufacturing and converting specialty paper. What originated as a division of 3M in 1961, has evolved over its 50 years in the industry, sustaining a reputation as the leading carbonless technology innovator.
- Nekoosa Coated Products was formed in 2005 when an entrepreneurial investment group, Dunsirn Partners, acquired the Imation business and renamed it.
- Wingate Partners acquired Nekoosa Coated Products in 2012, fueling our future acquisitions. Nekoosa Coated Products acquired IGI Corporation of New Jersey (comprised of RTape and CET Films) eight months later in April of 2013 to form Nekoosa.
- In September of 2013, Nekoosa acquired the MagneCote® business to take full ownership of the brand internationally. MagneCote®, the world's first magnetic paper, provides a pre-magnetized, light weight and cost effective option for magnetic paper printing.
- Nekoosa acquired the business and assets of ClingZ®, Inc. in 2017. This addition expanded Nekoosa's specialty products portfolio for customers worldwide.
- Sentinel Capital Partners, a New York-based investment firm, partnered with Nekoosa on November 1, 2017.
- In 2018, Catalina Graphic Films and Mojave Digital Media were acquired.